One of the six victims of the tanker explosion that were taken to hospitals after the incident is dead.
The deceased is a 42-year-old who died at the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta shortly before surgery was about to be carried out on him.
The deceased whose name was not disclosed was among the six victims who were evacuated on Tuesday from the scene of the tanker explosion that occurred on the presidential Boulevard, Kuto, Abeokuta.
Three persons were taken to both General Hospital, Ijaiye, and the Federal Medical Centre and had been receiving treatment.
Three persons lost their lives in the explosion while six others including the recent dead victim were taken to the hospitals and receiving treatment at both the state hospital and the FMC.
He lost his life on Thursday, two days after the incident at the FMC.
The Head of Public Relations at the FMC, Abeokuta, Segun Orisajo, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday.
Orisajo said, “on admission, he along with the two other patients were commenced on intravenous fluid resuscitation in accordance with the established protocols for the management of burns.
“Following the observed difficulty in passing urine, he was scheduled for dialysis but he died in the early hours of this morning before dialysis could be carried out on him.
“The FMC Medical Director, Prof Adewale Musa-Olomu, regrets the loss of the patient and sympathizes with his family over the unfortunate development.
“He described as very critical the 96% flame injury presented by the deceased.
“Musa-Olomu while checking on the two other patients said they were in stable condition and responding to treatment.”